Are You a Slice of P.I.E.?
“Are You a Slice of P.I.E.?” is a fun, interactive, ethical workshop that equips interpreters with strategies for interpersonal skills to overcome challenges and handle many diverse situations while providing excellent ASL interpreting services.
This workshop is geared towards improving communication, collaboration and celebration of diverse groups working together. In this workshop, participants will do an introspective assessment, and observe multiple perspectives and strategies that assist in turning weaknesses into strengths with a positive outcome! You will learn how to embrace and counterbalance differences in interpreters, assignment complications and negative challenges that impact demand control schema control leading to an improved relationship with all stakeholders. This results in agencies, organizations and clients requesting your interpreting services again and again!
Educational objectives of this workshop:
- Participants will be able to identify 3 techniques/strategies to remain professional and calm during unexpected challenges arising during assignments.
- Participants will be able to identify 5 interpersonal skills & understand how it affects professional decision-making and impacts their demand control schema.
- Participants will be able to identify at least 2 of their characteristics and personality traits, identifing their strengths.
- Participants will be able to identify 5 intrapersonal skills that bring positive outcomes in adversities that may arise from professional, personal or peer conflict while maintaining the standard of our Code of Professional Conduct.
This workshop has limited seating. Registration costs are as follows:
- Early Bird Registration (Deadline 8/16) – $75
- Regular Registration – $85
- Student Registration (Valid Student ID is required) – $65
- Day-of Registration – $90
Workshop will be scheduled from 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM with an hour lunch break. Lunch is not provided.
This workshop will be presented in English. For accommodations, questions or if you require interpreting, please contact LTC by August 30th. LTC Language Solutions is a non-discriminatory environment of mutual respect and free from bias.
If workshop is cancelled full refunds will be given. Individual cancellations made within 48 hours will receive a 50% refund. We cannot issue refunds for no-shows once the training begins. In order to cancel, you must contact LTC.
This workshop is for Certified & Pre-Certified Interpreters, Interpreter Training Program (ITP) Students and Sign Language Teachers.
ICRID is an approved RID CMP sponsor for continuing education activities. This professional studies program is offered for .8 CEU’s at the Some content knowledge level.